Here at Taylor Dental & Implant Center, we are dedicated to your health and wellbeing as well as your smile. We provide oral cancer screenings as part of your regular dental exams to detect early signs, and will do all we can to ensure that this condition is diagnosed and treated at the earliest possible stages.
What is Oral Cancer?
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat, sinuses and hard and soft palates. Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A persistent sore throat
- A feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in your mouth
- Persistent or lasting sores on the face, neck or mouth (these sores may bleed easily and may not heal within two weeks)
- Unexplained pain, numbness or loss of feeling in the face, neck and mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other areas of the mouth
- Red, white or speckled patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in your bite or in the fit of dentures and other oral appliances
Why Oral Cancer Screening Matters
Like all forms of cancer, oral can be life-threatening if not diagnosed and treated promptly. However, oral cancer is also among the most treatable forms of cancer when it is diagnosed early. We recommend that you receive an oral cancer screening from our dentists and team regularly to ensure that this disease is detected and treated as early as possible.
For more information about oral cancer screening in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Stephen M. Taylor, Dr. Jim O. Taylor or Dr. William Reed, please contact our team at 405-722-4400.